Friday, March 23, 2012

Trapped


The Plan:            Spend 30 minutes outside, soaking up some sun while letting the “kids” (7 mos and 2 years) play outside AND pruning back four bushes (or as much as I could get done in 30 minutes).

The Reality:        10 minutes to put on two coats and walk one downstairs, then bring the exersaucer and baby down in another trip.  Spend 5 minutes finding the appropriate tool and pruning only to have the phone ring and my son (who cannot leave a ringing phone be answered by the answering machine) brings it to me.  Spend 10 minutes on the phone (after walking back inside the house because the cordless “connection” won’t reach outside).  End phone call because the two year old is crying.  I don’t know why.  Calm the 2 year old down, go inside to get a Kleenex to wipe up the runny nose, re-position the two year old to play somewhere else (he’s still whining), and return to pruning.

Two year old starts crying again.  Re-direct the two year old to his favorite toy (after getting a hand broom so he can “sweep”).  Return to pruning.

Baby starts fussing and two year old is crying again.  Take baby, exersaucer and two year old inside.  Change diaper and put two year old down for nap.

Sum total time spent pruning 10 minutes. 
Trips up and down the stairs:  6
# of bushes actually pruned:  1/3 of 1 bush.

This is why I feel trapped.  This is why I sit at Facebook all day long.  Because the moment I start something, I have to tend to some other needy person (usually MY children or MY husband) and have to leave my project out in the open (subjecting said project to being destroyed or re-organized by other hands) or put my project away (meaning I have to start all over again).

Seriously.

No comments: