Monday, March 5, 2012

Randoms Part Deux


I’m completely okay with amnesty for all the illegal aliens presently residing in our country.  All they have to do is sign up for a four-year period in any one of our armed forces.  

A new requirement for the President of the United States of America is that they MUST have served at least 4 years in one branch of the military.  They must also show allegiance to the flag of THIS country by saluting the flag at every ceremony, every time.  

If competition is bad, then why do we still have awards shows?  If it’s not a competition, why keep track of record or ticket sales, award someone “Entertainer of the Year”, “Best Actor”?  Why have shows like “Biggest Loser” and “Amazing Race”?  A competition always means that someone will lose, while someone wins.  

I work 10-12 hours a day, 5 days a week (not counting “mom” time); no wonder I’m exhausted.

If something has been used incorrectly or illegally for a long period of time; does that use supersede what the correct use is or should be? After a certain time, does it no longer become illegal because it’s been accepted by avoidance?

If there is no value to religion in morality; then what is used as the basis of value for right vs. wrong?  Who decides what is good or bad?  

If you know something is wrong and let an authority know, is that the end of your responsibility?  

I don’t think my right to bear arms has anything to do with my right to observe my religion or speak my mind.  I don’t think you need to be religious to carry a gun or carry a gun to be religious.

I never thought I’d see the day when it was illegal to pray in school or public, yet legal for two people of the same gender to marry. 

I am confused why I’m not allowed to choose the school I want to have my child(ren) attend, but I’m forced pay for other people’s choices over abortion, birth control and education for illegal immigrants.

I never thought I’d be alive during a time when it’s illegal to smoke (and kill yourself if you want to) but it’s legal to kill a baby with a heartbeat (because you don’t want it).  

Has decided that it’s okay to be a friend with someone that you just can’t be “That Friend” with.

Remember when “Pa” and “Ma” Ingalls got tired of working their stuff out and “Pa” moved into town so he could have a fling with some girl that worked at the general store?  And they lived apart for years while the kids spent every other weekend and two week days in shared custody? Yeah, me neither. 

No comments: