Saturday, December 31, 2011

Personal goals 2012

I made some rather flippant resolutions for the year 2010 and I’ve managed to accomplish some of them.  I can't find that I posted them so here's a refresher course:

2010 New Year Resolutions

1.        Play Bejeweled until I can consistently beat Katie, Kevin, Annie, Lisa, Elizabeth and Barbara, my fingers bleed or I achieve RSI/Carpal Tunnel
 
I have managed to be the top scorer at least twice in Bejeweled in 2011.  It probably helped that a couple of my competitors dropped me from their friend list, but I was able to beat Barbara, Kevin and Elizabeth during the year (and still retain our friendship).

2.       Buy a new bra before the underwire begins to poke my eye out

I’ve purchased several new bras this year and before the underwire escaped from old ones!

3.      Live vicariously through other people’s Face book statuses

4.      Continue to avoid housework, laundry and other unnecessary chores by being on Face book even MORE than I am now. 
 
Housework continues to be the lowest on the work roster, thanks to my spare bedroom being a great dumping ground for those “company’s coming over” visits.  Pack N Plays are fantastic hideaways for all manner of stuff (although I do recommend you empty them out before putting a child in for a nap!).

 5.      Clone myself so I can have someone continue to be committee Chair for the Cub Scout packs as no one seems to be stupid enough to want my job.


I did get “rid” of my Committee Chair job at the Pack, but immediately took on the membership job at the troop.  Yeah, I never learn.


6.      Purchase a printing press so I can give even more money to the government so they can pay for my health care which is already just fine thank you.

7.       Discover a way to make money for the time I spend on Face book while playing Bejeweled and Restaurant City

No progress on the printing press, although hubby’s work did change our insurance coverage, and we’ll still have to fork it all over again in a few years when the master health care fiasco takes over.  And, alas, I don’t yet make money from playing on Facebook.

8.      Learn to enjoy exciting and fascinating tasks like cleaning the toilet that I didn’t pee on, picking up toys and addenda that I didn’t leave out and washing clothes that I didn’t wear.
 
I don’t enjoy tasks that aren’t mine to complete, but I have learned that if it needs to be done, I’m about the only one that will notice it and actually do something about it.  And, I have a house cleaner come twice a month to clean up that toilet seat.

9.      Avoid teaching my children even the most slight hint of respect, ethics, morals or any of my opinions because, obviously they know everything already and I am a moron.
 
Item #9 has quite obviously been conquered – I have a 13 year old and an 18 year old.  Enough said.

10.   Donate all of my unused wealth to charitable organizations like the government who obviously needs more of my money.

11.     Be invited to and actually be able to attend one of Laura's fantastic Sharpie and Lip Gloss Rock Band Parties.


Laura has repeatedly invited me to her parties, but geographically it’s a bit of a drive for sharpies and lip gloss.  She however has accepted me as her understudy/side-kick in fighting demons AND has offered to help me re-vamp my style-less closet, so I guess I’ll need to add travel to California in my 2012 plans.  It should be said, as a warning however, that I do not possess talents in Rock Bank or Dance Central and will have to use my crime-fighting forte of organization and annoyance instead in our constant assault on the dark forces.


As for the 2011 goals that I accomplished; I didn’t set any actual 2011 goals or resolutions. So, in an attempt to be serious about changing my life in 2012 (before the Mayan predictions come true in December), I have set the following goals:

  • Read the Bible in a year.
  • Complete one of the books I’m writing.  I’m not sure I’ll be willing to try to get it published in this year, but that can be 2013’s goal (if the Mayan’s are wrong).
  • Scan family/historical photos so they’re saved digitally.  I’d also like to get our family videos transferred to DVD for safekeeping.
  • Lose 20 more pounds and keep it off.
  • Have our last credit card paid off.
  • Take shooting lessons.
  •  Sell or give away some of the collected stuff (read: junk) and get it out of my life.


I hope that you set some realistic goals, work to achieve them and have a healthy and thriving 2012.  And, if the Mayan’s are right (even if they’re wrong) and the world ends in December 2012; make sure you know where you’re going to spend eternity.

No comments: