Thursday, December 1, 2011

Dear Santa (for Cub and Boy Scouts):



Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas is:

Outdoor Essentials

·       Pocket Knife (don’t worry, see the next item)
·       First Aid Kit (A little one, for little cuts)
·       Warm Clothing like Fleece or Wool
·       Raingear – Gore-tex or waterproof coat and pants for the snow and rain
·       Water Bottle (stuff that in my stocking)
·       Flashlight – like a “Mag” light or a really cool headlamp
·       Trail Food – Dried fruit and tail mix (or I can just raid the kitchen)
·       Matches and Fire Starter – like those bright orange match cases or flint and steel sets
·       Sun Protection – Way cool shades for sun or snow (like the sun will ever come out) and sunblock
·       Maps and compass – if I get one, it should come with directions so I won’t get lost

Now, if I really want to gear up, substitute one of these for that lame video game I will beat in two days…

Sleeping Bag -- +20 degree minimum
Sleeping pad – Thermarest or other
Stove – like a Whisperlite
Cooking Pots – so I can cook for my patrol
Purifying water pump and filter
Tent – nothing over 8 lbs
Gaiters
Waterproof gloves
Camp Stool – folding
Polypro Long Underwear – for summer and winter!
Dry Bag – for canoeing or boating this summer

Stocking Stuffers

·       Thermal Cup
·       Space Blanket
·       Poly/wool socks
·       Camp suds
·       Spork
·       Fuel Bottle
·       Carabineers
·       Batteries
·       Steel Wool
·       Folding cooking utensils

Thanks to Redmond Scout Troop 591 for the suggestions!

No comments: