Saturday, April 3, 2010

Care for All 

http://spectator.org/archives/2010/03/30/americas-quiet-anger

this article expresses my views over our most recent govermental decisions and force-feeding of "care for all".

Excerpt:  By James P. Gannon on 3.30.10 @ 6:07AM



There is a quiet anger boiling in America.


It is the anger of millions of hard-working citizens who pay their bills, send in their income taxes, maintain their homes and repay their mortgage loans -- and see their government reward those who do not.

I realize there are a lot of people out of work, not of their own doing or planning. I realize people are disabled, retired, underage or otherwise unable to work. This isn't about them.

I understand that many people don't qualify for health care due to 'pre-existing conditions' or other issues I've never experienced. This isn't about them either.

This isn't about my friends that are attempting to gain legal citizenship, or those that are legal citizens already that for other reasons don't qualify for or can't afford health care.

This article reflects my feelings about those individuals who have bucked the system for so long on my (and others') dime. It's about those that consistently and determinedly find a way to avoid, shirk or get around the “right” way so that they can have what ‘everyone else has’. It’s about those people who seem to think that it’s “unfair” that we have so much when they have so little but are not willing to put the time and effort into working the years or hours that we do.

It’s about the entire attitude that “rich” people are the bad guys and “poor” people deserve to be equal with them. And that “equality” is owed to them regardless of their situation or lawlessness or citizenship or work ethic.

It’s the feeling that somehow the people who believe that this country was settled by people who believed in religion, God, and justice; that these people are less compassionate or benevolent or caring because they actually believe that if you don’t work, you don’t eat. And how it’s somehow okay to hand someone hard earned money earned for by someone else without asking that someone to put in some honest effort.

In this country, if you are poor, unemployed, uninsured, or not a citizen you are deserving of the same benefits as the people who work. And save. And budget. And do without.

I am tired of being called unsympathetic because I expect people to honestly earn what they receive. I am weary of being labeled ‘religious’ or ‘right-wing’ or unsympathetic to the needs of the ‘common man’ because I want the freedom to give my belongings away to that same common man; not have them taken away and distributed as others see fit.

I am impatiently waiting for the day when I can (but hopefully won’t) say “I told you so”. When you realize that there is no more money to take from the “rich” or the working class to feed and pay for the needs of the poor. The day that you realize that it wasn’t healthcare that needed to be reformed; it was the insurance industry that cheats and steals while it plays with people’s lives and health. That day that you understand that throwing more money at the same old problem is like catching water in a sieve. A day that will come when there aren’t enough people working to be able to pay for the equality that is ‘deserved’ by all

I’m glad someone else said it so I could show others that I’m not the only unsympathetic, religious, right-wing nut job out there that feels this way.

No comments: