Monday, October 7, 2013

It's no wonder

It’s no wonder I never finish anything.

My youngest went on a 100+ mile hike this summer and took a few photos; many others on the trek took photos as well.  I asked for copies of the photos and a couple of the leaders put them on the Boy Scout troop website.

I wanted to download the photos I wanted either to my computer or to my shutterfly account so I could make a digital album.  If I don’t get it done now; I’ll never get it done.  So, I wanted to view the photos to decide which ones I wanted to download.  On the website, I open up the first photo and select “full size”.  Move to the next photo and it moves back down to a thumbprint size.  At this rate to view 100 photos, it will take me about an hour.  I decide to select all the photos, copy them to my computer and view them in my photo editor, then dump the ones I don’t want.

I select all the photos and look for a way to download them all.  There is no way.  I right click; I try to drag them, and all the tricks I know.  No way. 

Now I email the webmaster to ask if there’s a way I’m missing to download the photos.  He’s a busy guy and it takes him two days to get to figuring it out.  He can’t find a way to do it, so he creates a “Dropbox” folder for me, sends me an invitation and then sends me an email explaining what he’s done.

So, now I have to download a new application in order to download the photos to my computer in order to download the photos to a digital book program online.  By this time I’ve spent about two hours and I still don’t have photos selected or into a digital book. They ARE downloaded onto my computer.

Is it too much to ask for things to work together, smoothly and quickly?  Am I the only one who stops a project because I need to ask for help (which takes time), download yet another program (add time for the learning curve) and then possibly get to the project?

All this while attempting to maintain my normal life.  It’s no wonder I never finish anything…


And I haven’t even been able to tackle the phone/calendar/laptop/Microsoft issues that are constantly changing and shifting and messing up my life…

No comments: