Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A little panicky

I wrote this last night when I couldn’t sleep because of my fear, anxiety, worry, confusion and uncertainty.

Yes, God is in control, but it's difficult to see His path clearly when it's all so dark. I don't know how we'll make it through but I know we will because we are children of God.

I read Bible verses on peace. 

Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Some of my friends don’t understand my worry.  I’m just being a “poor loser”.  I’m exaggerating.  The changes will make a better difference…

I wasn’t raised to let others take care of me when I can take care of myself (that’s why I struggle with me vs. God).  I don’t understand those who welcome ‘someone else’ taking care of their every need.  I’d rather do it myself – face the responsibility AND take the blame if I’m wrong.

I’m not sure that the difference that’s coming will be better for those of us that still believe in doing it ourselves.  I’m not sure that there will be much of a country left in another four years.  I’m not sure that my children will have any future to look forward to other than dependency and working for the betterment of everyone. 

I’m afraid that choices will be limited, if not completely done away with, unless you want to choose to live or die. 

I’m afraid that it won’t be too long before people who speak their mind, hold to their principals and face responsibility will be imprisoned for their beliefs. 

God is Holy and just and loving.  Man is evil and greedy and hateful.  God is perfect, we are not. 

Hard changes coming and I just need to remember He's got me in His hand. Lord, please give me peace and the wisdom, knowledge to follow the right path. Please help me, Lord.

Romans 8:6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.

Yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil...

1 comment:

Bob Yoder said...

Yeah, it's pretty scary out there with the Fiscal cliff and awaiting our leaders to choose a narrow path towards economic resilience. I'm afraid it could be a big dive down and maybe a skip but I have hope, too.