Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Minding my motives


Short one today, I think (you hope).  God is working on me daily and, I’ll admit I fail multiple times each day at His drills.  I appreciate and am thankful that He continues to love me and forgive me for my failed attempts.

My challenge right this very minute is working on checking my motivations.  It’s not the kind of motivation where I have none and I need to get some (but, well, I fail there too – just look at my house).  The motivation I’m falling short in is the reason for my, well, my everything.

Why did I say that?  Why DIDN’T I say THAT?  What made me react that way?  Why is this bothering me? And, most of the time, when I reflect on the day’s actions or experiences, I find that my motivations were selfish and not about others as God would have them be.

So, I just wanted to say that I know that my motivations aren’t always where they should be and I’m working on them.

Romans 12: 2 - "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."

Psalm 139:23-24

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

Tit 2:7-8 Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us.

No comments: