Thursday, October 25, 2012

Silence

So, apparently I wasn't supposed to tell people that we're cutting back on expenses and that eating out with a large group wasn't really in the budget.

Apparently, people trying to live within their means are supposed to take this vow of silence, and keep it quiet without letting anyone know.

Because no one else is too chicken to say "We can't afford it." or "We choose not to spend our money that way."

Instead I'm supposed to quietly ask for help from "those that can afford it" instead of letting everyone know my feelings.

Sorry, that doesn't work for me.  I said that WE wouldn't be participating because it wasn't in OUR budget.  And, I'm not too proud to ask for help, but that wasn't the point of the conversation.  Hopefully, someone else -- someone who is less comfortable voicing their opinion -- is struggling with keeping a tight rein on their finances too.

It's not the end of the world.  It's just dinner and we choose not to participate due to finances.  If it makes you uncomfortable that I talk about my finances or lack thereof, that's your issue and not mine.


No comments: