Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Believe

• I believe abortion is wrong and adoption is right because of the impact they have had on my life.


• I believe the death penalty is right because that person made a conscious choice to break the law in a horrible way.

• I believe in life after death.

• I believe America was founded by men who believed that freedom of choice was more important than constantly being told by someone else what was good for them.

• I believe marriage is between one man and one woman.

• I believe the homosexuality is a choice. Although one may be born with the desire for same-sex relationships, I believe you have a choice not to follow through on every desire you have.

• I do not believe AIDS is a punishment from God for homosexuality. I believe it is the human body’s natural rebellion against things that are not healthy.

• I don’t believe that everything that everyone has should be a RIGHT. Freedom is not a right; it is a privilege that has been purchased with the blood of soldiers and patriots over centuries.

• I believe my money is mine and that I should be able to do with it as I see fit. If others want what I have, they can put the same amount (or more) effort and reap the benefits of hard work.

• I believe that people have lost their sense of humor in situations that are just downright funny.

• I believe that hate is an action, not a feeling alone. I hate Brussels sprouts. I am not a hater until I burn the crops of any of every Brussels sprout farmer in the country.

• I believe a difference of opinion is what makes friendships and people so interesting. The color of one’s skin, the religion and the politics of a person is not determined by their upbringing, but their beliefs.

• I don’t believe that having a different opinion and voicing it makes someone hateful. I believe that bombing and picketing and shooting and hurting others makes one hateful.

• I believe that anything that causes you to make poor choices over good choices is an addiction. You can choose to work on correcting your addiction. You may never completely conquer it, but your desires should not control your life.

No comments: