Friday, July 12, 2013

Falling in love with a song



I have this song in my head and I have to admit I’m not really bothered by the earworm.  It brings out my inner Diva and I’m singing it almost every moment I’m awake.  I’ve tried to listen to it so many times that I’m sick of it and it’s just not happening.

I paid the money to download this particular song from iTunes so that I can put it on my Zune and listened to it probably 25 times in about 3 days.  It’s not enough.  I haven’t yet memorized all the words (which means I hum or ‘du, dah, daa’ the words I don’t know) and I’m singing my diva bad self when I’m in the car and mouthing the words with all the motions when I’ve got the earphones on.

I cannot get it out of my head. 

…okay, it’s been about two weeks now and the song is no longer following me everywhere and waking me up with the words.  I’m still loving listening to it and it’s still pinned as a favorite.


Guess I’ll wait for the next obsession to hit me and just go with the flow.  Does anyone else fall in love a bit with the artist that sings the song when they fall in love with a song?  I mean, I have to admit I swoon just a bit when I hear “Summertime” by Kenny Chesney.  It makes me smile every.single.time.  

Some songs remind me of people no matter how long it’s been since I’ve seen them. "Kokomo" by the Beach Boys reminds me of my nephews Ryan and Jeff every time.  We were camping as a family over Thanksgiving one year; every night one family was responsible for cooking and cleaning up.  On the night my nephews' family was responsible, the boys did dishes.  The rest of us are playing games in the living area and in acapella voice we hear the two boys singing the words to the song.  It's those voices I hear every time the Beach Boys sing this song on my Zune or anywhere else.

What song is in your head right now?

What song reminds you of someone or an event or memory?

No comments: